Skinny Mexican Breakfast Casserole (Dairy Free)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lb 93% ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cups sliced green onions
- 9 corn tortillas
- Optional: salsa, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado/guacamole for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together ground beef and taco seasoning. Add red pepper and green onions. Toss together.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, and almond milk with a whisk until combined.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of your prepared casserole dish, tearing if needed to fit the bottom of the dish.
- Top the tortillas with half of the beef mixture. Layer 3 more tortillas on top, then top those tortillas with the remaining beef mixture. Top that layer with the 3 remaining tortillas. Pour egg mixture over tortillas.
- Cover casserole tightly and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove the cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the top to brown and crisp slightly.
- Serve with salsa or diced tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, or guacamole.
Calories: 271kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 28gFat: 9gSodium: 444mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!