Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken
- 3 tbs apricot perserves
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves skinned
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs skinned
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
Asian-Glazed Grilled Chciken Variation:
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
Calories: 247kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 26.5gFat: 10.7gSaturated Fat: 2.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 5.7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 370mgFiber: 0.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!