Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 4oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can artichoke hearts, packed in water drained
- 2 tbs pesto
- 6 sundried tomato halves, NOT packed in oil diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- dried basil to taste
- granulated garlic to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Please note that I did not add salt into recipe calculation.
- I sometimes add toasted pine nuts to the filling. You can also substitute feta for the parmesan.
- Using your hand, squeeze liquid from artichokes, breaking into small pieces and place into a bowl. Add pesto, sundried tomatoes, garlic and parmesan.
- Zest the entire lemon over the other ingredients. Squeeze the juice from HALF of the lemon into bowl, reserving the other half for later. Mix well and set aside.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray. Make horizontal slits in each chicken breast, making a pocket, but NOT cutting all the way through. Open each piece of chicken and stuff with 1/4 of filling, folding the flap of chicken back to cover filling. Place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add the juice of remaining lemon half and olive oil. Spoon over chicken and sprinkle with basil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until done.
Calories: 238.9kcalCarbohydrates: 10.4gProtein: 25.1gFat: 10.9gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 490.4mgFiber: 2.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!