Avocado Shrimp Salad with Chile Orange Dressing
Chile Orange Dressing
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 TBSP chopped jalapeno
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 18-24 large shrimp pre-cooked, peeled and chilled
- 1 head butter lettuce roughly torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper sliced thinly or diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 small ripe avocados
- chile powder (optional)
- Place the orange juice, vinegar, honey, garlic, and jalapeno in a small food processor, or blender, and pulse until vegetables are finely minced.
- With the machine running slowly, add the olive oil and blend until emulsified. Add salt, pepper, and chili.
- Divide lettuce between six salad plates or bowls. Top with chopped tomato and scallions.
- Just before serving, slice each avocado in half, and each half into wedges. Arrange avocado, shrimp and bell pepper on top of each plate or bowl using 1/2 avocado and 3-4 shrimp per salad.
- Drizzle with dressing, and garnish with a dusting of chili powder.
Calories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 18gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!