Bacon and Tomato Quiche
- 1 small/medium zucchini grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp flax meal optional
- 1 tbs butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 tbs almond milk
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower ground into rice
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 small/medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil pie dish.
- Grate or use processor on zucchini.
- Wrap grated zucchini in layered paper towels or cheese cloth. Squeeze and drain liquid from zucchini over sink. Place drained zucchini in large bowl.
- Add all the remaining crust ingredients to the zucchini and mix together.
- Place zucchini mixture into pie dish. Use the back of a spoon to spread mixture around pie dish, until dish is covered in zucchini crust mixture.
- Bake zucchini crust in oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven (leave oven on). Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine: eggs, egg whites, milk of choice, ground mustard, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Grate or use processor on the cauliflower until rice texture forms.
- Add cauliflower rice, chopped spinach, and chopped bacon to the egg mixture and combine.
- Pour egg mixture into zucchini crust.
- Place tomato slices on top of quiche.
- Bake for 28 minutes, but check at 20 minutes to see if crust edges are browning too much.
- Loosely cover the top of pie dish with a parchment paper sheet. Place back in oven for remaining 8 minutes, or until top is browned and center is firm and set.
- Add optional cheese and put back in oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Slice and serve
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 12gFat: 10gSodium: 421mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!