Bacon Spinach Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound bacon cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat until bacon is cooked and onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer and drain mixture on a paper towel-lined plate. Cook spinach in the remaining bacon drippings until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir quinoa, onion-bacon mixture, and cilantro into spinach until evenly blended.
Calories: 261kcalCarbohydrates: 22.2gProtein: 15gFat: 12.4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 853mgFiber: 3.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!