Bacon Wrapped, Rosemary Skewered Scallops
- 18 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 9 slices raw bacon
- 18 jumbo sea scallops
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Remove the leaves from the bottom portion of the fresh rosemary sprigs. Save the leaves for another recipe.
- Cut the slices of bacon into half, so that each slice of bacon is half as long. You should now have 18 short slices of bacon.
- Wrap each slice of bacon around a scallop.
- Skewer the scallops with the bare end of the rosemary twig, so that it holds the two bacon flaps in place.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops in the pan, with the flat side down. Try to keep them from touching one another. You may need to do this in two batches. You won't need any extra oil, because the fat from the bacon quickly renders into the pan.
- You do want a fairly high heat for this, so that the surface of the scallop sears and you get a nice color, without overcooking the scallop. After about 2 minutes, flip the scallops and brown the other side.
- Remove from the pan and serve! Would be nice sitting on top of a nice basic salad, for example. Or, serve by themselves!
Calories: 245.67kcalCarbohydrates: 2.06gProtein: 18.78gFat: 17.72g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!