Baked Chicken with Garlic and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless cut into 4 oz portions
- 1 tbs vegetable or olive oil
- 2 heads garlic peeled (about 20 cloves)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion cut in half from root to tip, then slice thin
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2-3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry. Crush two of the garlic cloves.
- Place an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the oil once the pan is warm. Add the crushed garlic to pan, then place chicken on top of the garlic. Toss in the remaining garlic cloves.
- Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes, or until it will release itself easily from the pan, then flip to cook the other side. Continue to cook for 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set aside.
- Place onions and tomatoes over the caramelized garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat and add the wine. Use the back of a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. This deglazing technique will remove the flavor stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add chicken back to the skillet. Add stock until the chicken is covered halfway. Add the oregano and black pepper to taste. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 piece chicken with about 1/4 cup garlic and vegetables
Calories: 239.3kcalCarbohydrates: 12.5gProtein: 28.7gFat: 7.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!