Banana-Coconut Bread (low glycemic)
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan* or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine mashed bananas, brown sugar, coconut milk, egg, and oil. Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, covering loaf loosely with foil for the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 12 (1 slice each) servings
- *You may choose to make 12 muffins. Reduce baking time to 25-30 minutes
Calories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 95mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!