Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb beef shoulder roast or petite tender roast trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 shallots quartered
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes undrained, 14.5oz can
- 3 cups butternut squash cubed and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add beef; toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef and shallots; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add squash; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Calories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 26gFat: 10gSodium: 617mgFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!