Beef Tenderloin with Cherry-Black Pepper Sauce
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin trimmed
- 3 tbs unsalted buter divided
- 1/4 cup shallots sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle beef with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer beef to a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 135° or desired degree of doneness.
- Remove beef from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add shallots; cook 3 minutes or until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and preserves. Bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 6 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Serve sauce with beef.
Calories: 288kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 25gFat: 13gSodium: 310mgFiber: 0.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!