Beef with Rosemary-Mushroom Sauce
- 8 oz packaged pre sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 lbs boneless top sirloin steak about 3/4 inch thick
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can beef consommé 10 1/2 oz
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce 8 oz
- Combine the presliced mushrooms, wine, and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from bag, reserving marinade. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook for 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Combine the onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, rosemary, and remaining ingredients. Add onion mixture and reserved marinade to pan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 15 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Cut the beef diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place beef on a serving platter. Spoon the mushroom sauce over beef. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parsley.
Calories: 229kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 30gFat: 7gSodium: 479mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!