Beef with Tomatoes and Wine
- 2-3 lbs chuck roast cut into 2 inch cubes
- 5 tbs unrefined coconut oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 tomatoes cut in half and then sliced
- 2 glasses red wine
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add enough meat to the pot so to more or less cover the bottom of the pot. Stir frequently. Remove the meat from the pot when all sides of the meat are browned. Repeat with the remaining meat.
- Reduce the heat and add the sliced onions to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, cumin, beef, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat, and cook over a low flame, stirring occasionally until the meat is very soft, about 2 to 2½ hours. Check that the meat doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
If you don’t have enough liquid in the pot, add some water. If the sauce is too watery, let the stew cook with the lid off.
Carbohydrates: 8gProtein: 39gFat: 18gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 110mgPotassium: 768mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!