Berry Cream Cheese Tart
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbs Splenda brown sugar
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs water
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese room temp
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup C&H light sugar (sugar-stevia blend found at most grocery stores)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 4 oz blueberries
- 4 oz raspberries
- 4 oz blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the almond meal, brown sugar, walnuts, salt and coconut oil until the mixture is finely processed.
- Press evenly into a 9-inch tart dish.
- Mix the egg white and water together and lightly brush the crust with it.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 325 degrees F.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the light sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in eggs, one egg at a time.
- Slowly add the half and half, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until it doesn't move hardly at all when you gently shake the dish.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Top with berries when ready to serve.
Calories: 184kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFat: 13gSodium: 207mgFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!