Black Bean Salad
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP lime
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
To Make the Dressing
- Make the dressing: Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, salt and chili powder together in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady steam.
To Make the Salad
- Cook the corn, bell pepper, and onions in olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet until it starts to brown.
- Toss in the black beans and cook until warm.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Serve.
Calories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 23gFat: 8gSodium: 526mgFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!