Black Forest Protein Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 scoops low carb chocolate whey protein
- 1/2 cup Splenda or Stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup frozen dark sweet cherries do not thaw
- 3 oz whipped cream cheese
- 3 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Splenda or Stevia
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then mix in wet ingredients until smooth.
- Fold in dark sweet cherries.
- Line eight wells of a muffin tin with paper or foil liners, or coat wells with cooking spray. Fill wells 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 10-15 minutes.
- combine frosting ingredients (adjust sweetness to taste) to spread over cupcakes once cool.
- For fancier frosting, use a piping bag, or a Ziploc bag with one corner cut off.
Calories: 120kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 22gFat: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!