Blue Cheese-Stuffed Chicken with Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tbs reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 6oz chicken breasts halves
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 2 tbs 2% milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 1 1/2 tbs butter divided
- 6 tbs roasted red bell peppers finely chopped
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff cheese mixture evenly into pockets.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine milk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well with a whisk. Place panko in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken breast half at a time, dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture, and panko.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Arrange chicken in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; place skillet in oven. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until done.
- While chicken bakes, combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, bell peppers, water, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook until butter melts. Remove from heat, and stir in hot sauce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Calories: 392kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 47gFat: 12gSodium: 421mgFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!