Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1/8 cup minced carrots
- 1/8 cup celery
- 6 bell peppers stem and seeds removed, cut in half
- 20 oz 96% ground beef
- 1/4 lb pancetta Or lightly smoked bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mariners sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the carrots and celery; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground beef and pancetta, and cook until browned and crumbled; drain off any excess liquid, and return to heat. Add marinara sauce, wine, and red pepper flakes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream, half of the Parmesan cheese, and rice. Simmer 5 minutes more, or until most liquid has absorbed.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish, and fill with beef mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot.
Calories: 371kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 34gFat: 14gSodium: 656mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!