Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 6 small bell peppers any color
- 6 oz jimmy dean 60% less fat turkey crumbles
- 3 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 6 tbs onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, saving them. Remove the seeds from the peppers and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and tender.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Add the sausage, onion mixture, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly, filling up the peppers. Replace the pepper tops and place in a baking dish. Fill with 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Sodium: 688mgSugar: 6gFiber: 3gCalories: 240kcalFat: 9gProtein: 27gCarbohydrates: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!