Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
- 3 small bell peppers any color
- 3 oz jimmy dean 60% less fat turkey crumbles
- 1 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tbs fat free milk
- 3 tbs onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic powder minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, saving them. Remove the seeds from the peppers and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and tender.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Add the sausage, onion mixture, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly, filling up the peppers. Replace the pepper tops and place in a baking dish. Fill with 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Calories: 240kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 27gFat: 9gSodium: 688mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!