Cajun Chicken Stew
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed, 15 oz can
- 1 tbsp AP flour
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 tbsp cajon seasoning
- 3/4 cup vegetable juice low sodium
- In a slow cooker, stir together onion, carrots, garlic, chickpeas and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub chicken with seasoning. Add chicken to slow cooker and pour vegetable juice over the top
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is fork-tender, 3-4 hours.
Calories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 32gFat: 9gFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!