Cajun Shrimp and Rice
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces canned chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 ounces packaged long-grain and wild rice mix (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound cooked, shelled and de-veined shrimp
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes with their juices, chicken broth, onions, bell pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, water, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Stir shrimp into rice mixture. Cover; cook for 15 minutes longer at high-heat setting. Sprinkle with hot-pepper sauce if desired.
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 21gFat: 2gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!