“Cheddar Bay” Biscuits (Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 TBSP coconut flour (plus another 1 tsp)
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 TBSP cold butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (organic, grass-fed)
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP melted butter (if desired)
- Dried or chopped parsley (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine almond and coconut flours and cold butter. Using a pastry blender or two butter knives or forks, cut the cold butter into the flours until a mealy texture is reached. Small clumps of butter are OK, but do not leave any large clumps.
- Add in baking powder, salt, cheese, cream, water and garlic powder and work with hands or pastry blender into a very thick dough.
- Use a cookie scoop (or just a spoon) to spoon heaping teaspoons of the dough onto a large, slightly greased cookie sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes or until the tops begin to turn brown.
- If desired, brush biscuits with melted butter and then sprinkle with parsley. Serve while warm.
Calories: 100kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSodium: 180mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!