Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This one-dish meal is great for a weeknight meal or as a appetizer for a party. Serve it with steamed broccoli or a green salad.
- 1/2 cup medium white/yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 TBSP ground cumin
- 3 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) black beans drained, rinsed and mashed slightly
- 1 TBSP chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup Weight Watchers Mexican Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a deep-dish 9" pie pan (or Springform cheesecake pan) with foil, then coat with cooking spray.
- Place a small saute pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Add the onion, corn, and cumin, and cook until corn starts to brown, about five minutes, then remove from heat.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the prepared pie pan.
- Layer on half of the chicken, diced pepper, black beans, cilantro, corn and onions. Pour on 1/2 cup salsa, sprinkle on 1/3 cup cheese and top with a tortilla.
- Repeat for the second layer, then top with the remaining tortilla, 1/2 cup salsa and 1/3 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes before slicing into six wedges and serving.
Calories: 279kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 29gFat: 5gSodium: 643mgSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!