Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 10 ounce cans green enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Weight Watchers Mexican Cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 8 ounces Penne pasta
- green onions
- black olives
- Cook chicken, drain, and shred.
- Meanwhile boil pasta according to package and chop the veggies.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt and enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Now toss in the sour cream, but DO NOT bring to a boil. Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle. Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
Calories: 328kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 30gFat: 11gSodium: 818mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!