Chicken Thighs with Olives and Tomato Sauce
- 12 chicken thighs (around 4 pounds) skinned
- 1 tsp kosher salt divied
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper divied
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 tsp red pepper crushed
- 1 28oz canned diced tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2.Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until brown, place chicken in an electric slow cooker
- 3.Add garlic to pan, and sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 30 seconds. Place wine mixture in cooker. Add tomato paste, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes to cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, olives, and parsley.
Calories: 270kcalCarbohydrates: 8.7gProtein: 29.1gFat: 12.9gSaturated Fat: 3.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 5.6gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 658mgFiber: 2.2gCalcium: 44mgIron: 2.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!