Chicken with Prosciutto and Tomatoes Over Polenta
- 32 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbs chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices prosciutto or ham cut into very thin strips
- sage sprigs optional
- Sprinkle the chicken with sage, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Add wine; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180°.
- Place the cornmeal and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a 1-quart casserole. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until blended. Cover. Microwave at high 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add tomato to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in juice and prosciutto. Spoon polenta onto plates, and top with chicken. Serve with the sauce. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 29gFat: 13gSodium: 916mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!