Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf
- 2 14oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbs vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 1/4 tbs black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbsP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly oil a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Working in batches if needed, place all meatloaf ingredients into food processor bowl and pulse until chickpeas are broken up and ingredients are well mixed, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Do not overblend. If working in batches, transfer each batch to a large mixing bowl when complete and then mix by hand.
- Press mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake 30 minutes.
- While meatloaf bakes, stir glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove loaf from oven after 30 minutes and spoon glaze overtop of loaf. Bake another 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting. Note: The longer this sits, the firmer it gets. If it initially feels a bit soft for your liking, let it sit a for a few minutes or prep it a day in advance and reheat the day of serving.
Calories: 191kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 7gFat: 4gSodium: 474mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!