Chorizo, Egg and Potato Casserole
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 1 - 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups frozen diced potatoes (or hash browns)
- 3 cups egg whites or egg beaters
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375* F and spray a 9×13 glass pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, cook chorizo for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, poblano pepper and onion to the pan and cook until they're just tender (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Add potatoes to mixture and stir gently to combine
- Whisk your egg whites (or egg beaters), milk, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Stir in green chiles.
- Spread potato mixture over prepared 9x13 pan. Pour egg mixture over the top. Bake for 40-45 minutes (or until egg is cooked through). Once done, let your casserole cool for a few minutes. Then sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top, cut it and serve with sliced avocado and your favorite salsa.
Calories: 311kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 30gFat: 19gSodium: 1167mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!