- 1/2 cup almond four
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs cup for cup sugar substitute divided
- 1 large egg
- In a large skillet or deep fat fryer, add 2 to 3 inches of oil, and heat to 350°F
- In a small bowl, stir ½ cup almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon salt until well mixed and set aside.
- Bring 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, and 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute to a boil in a small sauce pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add in flour mixture stirring until thick enough to form a ball. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 large egg after the dough is cool and mix thoroughly for about 1 minute until a very thick paste forms.
- Drop by tablespoons 4-8 at a time into the fryer, rotating halfway through, until they turn golden brown and crisp on the outside; roughly 3-4 minutes total. Repeat this until all of batter is used, and then set aside on a paper towel once done.
- Pulse the remaining granular sugar substitute with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon 1 -2 times in a blender, until sugar substitute granules are slightly smaller.
- Roll each warm churrito in the sugar substitute-cinnamon mixture until evenly coated and place them on a serving plate. Enjoy these delicious Cinnamon Churritos immediately.
Calories: 95.6kcalCarbohydrates: 9.2gProtein: 3gFat: 8.4gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!