Cinnamon Garlic Chicken
- 30 oz chicken breast boneless, skinless and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 cloves garlic 2 minced and 1 peeled and left whole
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lare onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 6 cups spinach leaves roughly torn
- 1 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheeseMix the salt, cinnamon, and pepper together.
- Mix the salt, cinnamon, and pepper together.
- Rub the mixture on the cut up chicken pieces to completely coat them.
- Heat the oil olive in a large, skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and minced garlic to the skillet.
- Cook until the onions are soft and beginning to brown.
- Add the wine and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Let the wine cook until it is evaporated.
- Add the water, tomato paste, whole garlic clove, and chicken to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Add salt and pepper if needed (I don’t add any). Mix in the spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese
Calories: 294kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 37gFat: 11gSodium: 1317mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!