Creamy Chicken Potpie
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup shallots sliced
- 10-12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6-9 sheets of phyllo dough thawed
- reheat oven to 425°F. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring often, until it turns white, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shallots, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in 1 3/4 cups broth and bring to a boil. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to the pan. Return to a boil and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Off the heat, stir in the chicken, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among four 12-ounce ovenproof baking dishes.
- Make 2 stacks of 3 sheets of phyllo each, coating each sheet lightly with cooking spray before stacking.
- Cut the stacks in half crosswise. Drape one half over each baking dish. Tuck in any overhanging edges.
- Set the potpies on a baking sheet. Bake until the tops are golden and the filling bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes.
Calories: 340kcalProtein: 39gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!