Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbs Splenda/Stevia
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cooked pumpkin
- 2 cups 2% evaporated milk
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tsp crème fraiche or heavy cream (for garnish)
- 6 fresh sage leaves (for garnish)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and when it foams and just begins to turn golden, add the onion and garlic. Cook for a minute or two until soft.
- Add the chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, and sweetener and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 to15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pumpkin, evaporated milk, and cinnamon and cook another 5 minutes to heat through.
- Blend with an immersion blender(or transfer soup to a blender or food processor in batches if necessary) and blend until smooth.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with a dollop of crème fraiche or a flourish of slightly thickened heavy cream and a single leaf of fresh sage in the center.
May be kept a day or two in the refrigerator (once cooled) if desired. Reheat to serve.
Calories: 170kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 8gFat: 9gSodium: 479mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!