Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounce can salsa verde
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces monterrey jack cheese grated and divided in half
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 7-ounce cans salsa verde
- 10 small tortillas
- pico de gallo, for serving (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and pour the salsa over top and leave it alone.
- Cook on low for 4 hours (5-6 if the chicken is frozen).
- Half of the chicken will be shredded for enchiladas, I pack the other half into a freezer bag with some of the cooking liquid if I'm not going to use it right away. Otherwise, you've just made chicken for taco or quesadilla or soup or mac & cheese night later in the week.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Shred half of the chicken and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, half of the cheese, sour cream/yogurt, and half a can of salsa verde - stir to mix well.
- Spread the remaining half-can of salsa verde over the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture, roll, and place seam side down in the dish.
- Top with the other can of salsa verde and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bubbly and the cheese and tortillas are nicely browned.
- Serve with a scoop of pico de gallo over top. Or not.
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 24gFat: 10gFiber: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!