Curried Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Cauliflower
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Madras-style curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/4 tsp cayenne divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed
- 1 lb sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets you can use broccoli instead
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Combine yogurt, curry powder, coriander, ginger, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and cayenne in a shallow glass dish; mix to blend. Reserve ¼ cup of this mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to the remaining yogurt mixture and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Toss sweet potato with the reserved yogurt mixture in a medium bowl and place on the baking sheet.
- Toss cauliflower with oil in a medium bowl and add to the baking sheet. Season vegetables with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken and vegetables, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken over and stir the vegetables.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on a platter or individual plates and garnish with peanuts (or cashews) and cilantro.
Calories: 381kcalProtein: 35gFat: 17gSodium: 437mgFiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!