Curried Coconut Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 14 oz lite coconut milk
- 14.5 oz stewed diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 3 tbs sugar
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Calories: 291kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 33gFat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!