Curry Beef and Aromatic Rice
- 1 lbs beef top sirloin boneless, cut 3/4 thick
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz fresh green beans trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon grass minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chopped fresh basil optional
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- 1/4 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Combine soy sauce and garlic in medium bowl. Add beef; toss. Set aside.
- Whisk coconut milk and curry paste in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Prepare Fruit and Almond Basmati Rice (Directions below)
- Meanwhile heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- n same skillet, bring coconut milk mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green beans, basil, lemon grass and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 11 to 13 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return beef with juices to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over rice. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- Fruit and Almond Basmati Rice: Prepare 1 cup basmati rice according to package directions omitting butter or oil. Add 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped and 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, during stand time.
- To toast almonds, spread in single layer on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) Set aside to cool.
Calories: 397kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 30gFat: 18gSodium: 513mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!