Dijon Mustard Chicken Fricassee
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley divided
- 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme divided
- 3 lbs chicken pieces skinned
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fat fre, low sodium chicken broth
- Combine mustard, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; toss well to coat. Chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add chopped onion to pan, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic to pan, and sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine and chicken broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in 1 tablespoon parsley and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon. Keep warm.
- Cook sauce, uncovered, over medium heat 4 minutes or until slightly thick. Pour sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 28gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!