Dijon & Wine Steak Kabobs with Mushroom Wild Rice
A flavorful, tenderizing marinade gives the kabobs of steak, onion, squash and peppers a unique and savory taste.
- 1 pound beef sirloin tip steak cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 small red onion cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 small yellow summer squash cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch slices
- 1 small red/green bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mushroom wild rice
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
Mushroom Wild Rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- 6 ounces long grain/wild rice blend
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread beef, onion, squash and bell pepper evenly onto skewers. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 2 cups thinly sliced assorted wild mushrooms (oyster, cremini and shiitake); cook and stir until tender. Remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, cook 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice blend according to package directions, omitting salt and butter. When rice is done, stir in mushrooms.
- Serve kabobs over Mushroom Wild Rice.
Calories: 360kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 30gFat: 9gSodium: 635mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!