- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp AP flour
- 1 1/3 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese divided
- 2 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cup cooked fettuccine pasta
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly
- Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired.
Calories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 21gFat: 14gFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!