- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried figs
- 1 tbs AP flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cups flaked coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cups margarine
- 1/3 cup calorie-free sweetener
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats toasted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Combine figs and flour in a medium bowl; toss lightly to coat.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add fig mixture, coconut, margarine, and sweetener to pan, stirring well. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring often. Add oats and vanilla, stirring until oats are moistened.
- Press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill thoroughly. Cut into bars.
- Place 1/2 cup water in a 1-cup liquid measure. Microwave at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until water boils; pour water over fig mixture. Add coconut, margarine, and sweetener to fig mixture, stirring well. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring after every minute. Add oats and vanilla, stirring until oats are moistened. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Calories: 91kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 2gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!