Flank Steak with Romesco Sauce
- 2 TBSP sliced almonds
- 2 slices whole grain bread (3/4 ounce, torn into 2-inch pieces)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 TBSP sherry vinegar
- 1 bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained (7 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange almonds and bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add almonds and bread to a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Heat olive oil, garlic, and paprika in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add garlic mixture, sherry vinegar, bell peppers, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to bread mixture; process until smooth.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Calories: 262kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 27gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 537mgFiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!