French Toast Protein Casserole
- 10 pieces Ezekiel Bread, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups egg whites
- 4 scoops low carb vanilla whey protein
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or flax milk
- 1/3 cup Walden Farms Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Splenda or Truvia
- 1/4 cup Preserves (Simply Fruit, any flavor)
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs and protein powder together. Add egg whites, almond milk, vanilla and syrup together and mix well.
- Tear the Ezekiel bread into bite size pieces and add to the mixture. Toss and let it soak while you prep other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat ricotta cheese until its smooth. Add preserves and Splenda and mix well.
- Spray an 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add the bread mixture and then swirl the cottage cheese mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Remove foil, bake another 30 or until middle is set. Allow it to cool a bit before serving.
- Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup (or other sugar free syrup)
Calories: 273kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 30gFat: 6gSodium: 296mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!