French Toast with Ricotta
- 1 1/3 cups egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1-2 tbs Splenda/Stevia divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- Whisk together egg whites, milk, sugar substitute, and salt. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Dip 2 bread slices in the egg mixture, coating well. Remove bread from egg mixture; drain excess liquid.
- Cook bread in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Combine ricotta, sugar substitute and vanilla.
- Sprinkle toast with cinnamon; top each serving with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese and berries. Serve immediately.
Calories: 276kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 24gFat: 4gSodium: 778mgFiber: 9gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!