Fresh Asparagus Scramble
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 oz whipped garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in halfs
- 1 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- Blanch asparagus spears in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add eggs. Stir until eggs are almost set, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese in dollops and then add tomatoes. Stir until cheese melts and eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, cut asparagus spears into 2-3-inch pieces and fold into egg mixture and place on heated plate or oval ovenware. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Calories: 193kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 12gFat: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!