Garden Eggplant Bake
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 medium eggplant peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes cored and chopped
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven at 400 F. Spray 1-1/2 qt. casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oilin small nnstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoe paste and 1 tablespoons water.
- Combine onion mixture and remaing ingredients except parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole; cover and bake 30 minutes. Stir. Bake 10 minutes more; stir. Top with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Reduce heat to 375F. Bake uncovered 10 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
Calories: 61kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 55mgFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!