Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet. When oil begins to smoke, quickly stir in 2 cloves minced garlic, ginger root, green onions and salt. Stir fry until onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 4 cloves minced garlic and stir. Add sweet onions, cabbage, bell pepper, peas and 1/2 cup of the broth/water and cover.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup broth/water, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Add sauce mixture to wok/skillet and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated with the thickened sauce. Serve immediately, over hot rice if desired.
Calories: 337kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 32gFat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1364mgFiber: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!