Gingered Beef and Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp instant beef-bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 TBSP cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- cooked rice
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, carrots, scallions, and garlic. In a medium bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups water, soy sauce, ginger, bouillon, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting 4 1/2 to 5 hours
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons cold water; stir into meat mixture along with bell pepper. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes more, or until thickened, stirring once. Stir in sugar snap peas. Serve with rice.
Calories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 29gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!