Grilled Chicken with Curried Couscous, Spinach, and Mango
- 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breastsken breasts
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 small mango cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 tbs flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 oz baby spinach (2 lightly packed cups)
- Prepare a medium (375°F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of the olive oil in an 8-inch skillet over low heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 1 minute. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in the vinegar and 3 Tbs. of the olive oil. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and season with 1/4 tsp. salt and a few grinds of pepper. Grill the chicken, flipping once, until well marked and cooked through (165°F), 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let rest.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup water with 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Put the couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Add the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil and toss with your hands to coat the couscous. Pour the boiling water over the couscous, stir, and cover. Let stand 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork. Toss with 3 Tbs. of the vinaigrette, the mango, almonds, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spinach with just enough of the vinaigrette to coat lightly. Divide the couscous among 4 plates. Top with the spinach, the chicken, and a drizzle of the remaining vinaigrette.
Calories: 426kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 29gFat: 19gSodium: 213mgFiber: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!