Grilled Molasses Flank Steak with Watermelon Salsa
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs flank steak trimmed
- 1 cup unpeeled nectarine diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and minced
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh grated orange zest
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cups watermelon seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- Place first 8 ingredients in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag; squeeze bag to combine. Add steak; seal bag, and chill 4 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 9 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with Watermelon Salsa.
- Watermelon Salsa: Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 15 minutes. Add watermelon and next 2 ingredients, and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Calories: 441kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 34gFat: 19gSodium: 579mgFiber: 1gSugar: 30g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!