Healthy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 20 oz Extra Lean (99% fat free) Ground Turkey
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 2 cups 2% reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 quart 100% egg whites or egg beaters
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix the oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add the turkey and mix with a spatula or your hands.
- Slick a large skillet with the olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Add the turkey mixture and cook until the meat is no longer pink, and a meat thermometer reads 165°F, about 7 minutes. Add the leeks and cook for another minute; then add the goat cheese. Keep cooking and stirring over low heat until the goat cheese just begins to melt.
- Pour the turkey mixture into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spread the spinach on top, and then pour in the egg whites. Use a spatula to make sure the egg whites are distributed evenly in the dish. .
- Bake the casserole 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mexican cheese blend. Continue baking 10-15 more minutes or until a knife stuck into the center comes out clean.
Calories: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 34gFat: 7gSodium: 674mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!